Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Experiencing a Space Shuttle Launch" by Ching-I (Taiwan)

On November 14, my husband and I went to see the space shuttle "Endeavour" launch. This was my first time, and I had been looking forward to the event. We arrived there around 3 PM, and there were already a lot of people. Unfortunately, it was too late to find a small space to sit and to wait for the launch, which was scheduled at 7:55 PM. Regardless, it was a sunny and comfortable day. People spent time talking, eating, reading, and even watching DVDs. Eventually, the time came for the launch. We prepared our camera and DVD recorder, holding our breath to count the seconds. It was like a fireball growing and lifting gradually in the dark sky. Then it veered left and became smaller in our sight. It was a pity that I didn't see the shuttle disappear because of the trees in front of us blocking our sight. However, it was still an amazing experience. I won't forget the marvelous scenery as the fireball brightened the dark sky and the water for a couple of seconds.

No comments: